Thursday, September 12, 2013

Life

It's amazing how life is, and how fast it can be taken from us. I just found out that Mercedes C Leanna a.k.a. @sadies6778 on twitter had passed from cancer, she leaves behind her family, and 2 young boys. This hits very close to me because my sister had cancer, but she is fine today, however Mercedes didn't make it, and is now on  high looking down upon us. I didn't know how to feel about this, but she was a writer so I thought I would put my thoughts, and emotions to keyboard. This isn't a post about some egomaniac athlete, or some kid who thinks he or she is a superstar because they are adored, and followed by a bunch of blind individuals who don't know any better, but this is about real life. This woman made her own way, and took care of her children, she was 35 years of age, far too young to be taken from this earth. I look at all that is going on in the world today, and I wonder that we have truly lost our perspective. We would rather take a picture or video of something that is going on instead of helping someone who is in need. Our priorities are truly misplaced.We think only of the material, and how to get more, and more, and more without forethought about what we really should be doing in this life. My personal goals are to provide, and take care of my children, but lately I have been compelled to help others even though I myself am in need of help. What i'm trying to say with all of this is just stop, and look around for a minute, think about your life, and what you are doing with it. Prioritize things, and do something positive. Sorry this is so long, but these are facts, and I believe sometimes we need to be reminded of things that we take for granted such as life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment